After being exposed to sickness, Sims will develop a random illness. Illnesses are categorized as being minor, moderate, or major, depending on whether they cause -10, -20, or -30 Focus. Illnesses can be cured by drinking tonics or visiting a physician.
Despite their unique descriptions, all the illnesses appear to behave exactly the same.
- Laughing Stock - Seems to cause uncontrollable laughter.
- Slight Cold - The generic minor illness.
- Whistling Pixies - Possibly feels like a strong head cold.
- Noxious Infection - The generic moderate illness.
- Twisted Tongues - Causes the victim's tongue to swell, become numb, or both, giving them a severe lisp.
- Van Winklism - (Sim name) is infected with Van Winklism. Zzzzzz...
- Gut Rot - "It's just as unpleasant as it sounds."
- Mind Warp - Appears to cause psychedelic hallucinations.
- The Wasting - '(Sim Name) is afflicted by The Wasting. Soon there might be nothing left.'
- Magma Fever - "The next stage is outright melting!"
- The Gorge - "No meal is safe!" Appears to be either food poisoning or extreme truista.
- Poison Pox - "Oh, the scratching!" Appears to be similar to smallpox.
- Weak Curative Tonic
- Strong Curative Tonic
- Weak Health Salve
- Strong Health Salve