The Spy is one of the ten classes of hero, though "anti-hero" might be a more accurate descriptor. Spies live in a remote tower of the Castle called the Spy Quarters, which can only be built after the kingdom is renown enough to already have a reception hall.
Spies work as the secret agents of their governments and have many shady abilities. They can eavesdrop on any two Sims who are interacting, write secret letters, make dead drops at messenger posts, and craft poisons from various plants.
Despite presumably working for the crown, spies have many ways of disrupting the kingdom, including picking the pockets of citizens, stealing money from messenger posts, breaking criminal Sims out of the stocks, and even murdering other Sims.
Basic Hero Profession Information
According to the booklet that comes with the game:
Spies maintain communications networks, help discover (or hide) the truth, and perform the dirty work involved in politics. Spies may bribe, pickpocket, steal funds from the messenger post, craft poisons, gather herbs, engaged in combat, go hunting, gain special fighting moves by leveling up, fight more effectively without armor, eavesdrop, propose edicts, and break Sims out of stocks.
- Building: Spy Quarters
- Signature Objects: Crafting table, training dummy, tactical map, scribe table and interrogation chair
The Interrogation Chair can either be purchased in Furnish Mode or gained in a quest. It allows you to Lock Up a Sim on the active lot.
Sims locked into the Interrogation Chair have a Will gauge (much like the progress gauge on the Blacksmith's Forge or the Leeches/Anaesthetic gauge on the Physician's Operation Table) and an Alertness gauge. Each interaction performed on the locked up Sim is reflected on these gauges.
The Alertness Gauge goes down with each interaction. If the Alertness gauge goes down all the way, the locked up Sim passes out and the gauges reset.
Pushing the Will gauge upwards will Persuade the Sim, downwards Interrogates them, getting the gauge to the gold portion will allow you to Interrogate or Persuade the Sim. The table below shows which way and by how much each interaction pushes the Will gauge (as the Physician's one/some/a lot of leeches does).
|Up (Persuade)||Down (Interrogate)|
|A lot||Tickle||Chinchilla Attack|
Pushing the Will gauge all the way up or down to the red portion will make the interrogation session fail. The locked up Sim will either be released (failed Persuasion) or pass out (failed Interrogation). You can also choose to end the interrogation early by choosing the Release option on the chair.
- Break Someone Out of Stocks (Hard)
- Craft and Deliver a Vomicious Venom (Easy)
- Eavesdrop on a Conversation (Easy)
- Feed the Beast (Easy)
- Make a Secret Drop (Easy)
- Pass an Edict (Medium)
- Pay Taxes (Easy)
- Pickpocket Traveling Merchant (Medium)
- Press 3 Adults for Information (Easy)
- Sail to Foreign Territory (Medium)
- Eavesdrop on the Guildsman's|Pirate's Conversation, followed by Deliver Secret War Info to Monarchy [Pirates & Nobles] (Medium)
- Interrogate the Guildsman|Pirate for War Secrets, followed by Deliever Secret War Info to Monarchy [Pirates & Nobles] (Medium)
- Pickpocket the Guildsman|Pirate after drinking Ethereal Elixir, followed by Hand over Battle Plans to Advisor [Pirates & Nobles] (Medium)