The player is given a menu with all available quests (or...you can use Ctrl+Shift+C rerollQuests for a new selection of quests to choose from). After selecting a quest the player must immediately select an approach to the quest, some have as many as 3 different approaches. Each approach has certain Heroes who can or can not participate, certain locations and some even offer unique opportunities (armor, weapons, Legendary Traits).
Focus Performance Rank
- If Focus is positive, quest performance rank goes up. If Focus is negative, quest performance rank will go down.
- However, regardless of focus, if you are Behind on Quest, then performance will suffer until you get back on track.
Quest Points (QP)
- Quest Points (QP) are used to "purchase" all quests for the kingdom's heroes to go on
- Each quest costs 1, 2, 3, or 4 QP
- QP will not be "refunded" if a quest is cancelled before it's completed
- The number of QP a kingdom starts with depends on its Ambition (possible to increase the number of QP a kingdom has with cheating)
- Figure out cost efficiency of quests before spending QP (most Resource Points, Experience, wealth, and Aspect value per QP spent)
**If Advorton is annexed, their Adventurous citizens will "help streamline costs for quests," reducing the QP costs of quests that normally cost 3 or 4 QP by 1.
Should your Hero ever have the Quest Performance gauge fall below the Bronze requirements however from poor Focus or Quest Neglection, your hero will be sent to the Pit. Ending the quest in failure.