Physicians have the ability to harvest plants and the unique ability to collect leeches from green, bubbling sections of water in the river. Because of their duties, it's advisable to have a physician keep a good number of both leeches and herbs on hand as often as possible.
When a Sim is sick or injured, they can go to the physician to be cured if one is in their kingdom. If not, they'll either have to use medicines bought from the Village or wait out the ailment, which increases the risk of diseases spreading.
Physicians also have the ability to Medicate well water with a curative tonic. Drinking a bottle of Medicated Well Water gives the drinker a permanent +5 Cured! buff that lasts for the duration of the Kingdom's Ambition.
Curing the SickEdit
After a Sim has been diagnosed with a sickness, a physician gets the option of treating the disease at the operating table. Before a sick Sim can be medicated, the Sim's blood must be at a safe level. Sometimes Sims can be medicated immediately but usually their blood will be too high. In order to lower the level, a physician needs to use leeches to drain the excess blood down.
Healing the InjuredEdit
Healing injuries is a lot like curing sickness. However, instead of blood being the problem, the amount of pain the victim experiencing in is the main issue; the degree of pain must be at a safe level in order to operate on their injuries. Instead of using leeches, a physician lower the level by using the anesthetic qualities of Eaglewood, Lordleaf, Sagewort, and Valoroot.
A physician can use the crafting table in their clinic to create medicinal tonics and salves from various herbs.
- Collect Herbs or Plants 5 Times (Easy)
- Craft and Deliver a Weak Curative Tonic (Easy)
- Craft and Deliver a Weak Health Salve (Easy)
- Diagnose 2 Sims (Easy)
- Give First Aid to 2 People (Easy)
- Medicate 2 People on Operating Table (Medium)
- Pay Taxes (Easy)
- Research Symptoms for 2 Hours (Easy)
- Successfully Collect Leeches 3 Times (Easy)
- Craft and Deliver 2 Citrus Infusions [Pirates & Nobles] (Easy)
- Have 2 Curative Rum Tonics in Inventory, followed by Give Pirate the Curative Rum Tonics [Pirates & Nobles] (Easy)
- Research Symptoms, followed by Test Antidote on Merchant [Pirates & Nobles] (Medium)
Since the Physician is the only Hero capable of medicating the town well, it's a good idea to create and draw 9 extra bottles of Medicated Well Water and drag it to other heroes' inventories or store it somewhere (such as in the Physician's Crafting Table) where the rest of the kingdom's heroes can get and drink a bottle when they're active to get the permanent Cured! buff. The permanency of the Cured! buff may be a bug that the developers overlooked, but whether it's a bug or permanent by design, it has been tested and proven to never wear off.